About Us

Launceston Abrasive Blasting (formerly known as Launceston Sandblasting) has been established for over 21 years.

We started in a quarry at Boomers Road, Waverley as an aid to an engineering company. The business was then moved to St Leonards, and now we have a new facility at 147 Henry Street, Launceston.

We have over 1500 customers, large and small, and cover a vast range of abrasive blasting jobs and restoration work.

We currently employ three people who are very particular in their work which reflects on the companies undertakings.

The Queen Victoria Museum has engaged us on several occasions. Some of the work we have completed for them includes:
• World War 2 Canon
• MTT Trolley Bus
• Tas Rail Locomotive
• Steam Engine

Abrasive Blasting can be used in a lot of areas, including:
• Baltic Pine
• Concrete
• Pavers.

We also specialise in the abrasive blasting of car parts and panels, including:
• Ute trays
• Trailers
• Excavators
• Earthmoving equipment

Decorative work on Granite, ie headstones etc., Brass Plates, Stainless Steel, whatever your needs, we give free advice on all aspects of Abrasive Blasting.

We have a blast facility at 147 Henry Street, Launceston, as well as a mobile unit for on site work and spray painting.